#life #goes #on #lifegoeson #quote #thoughts #selfmotivation #growingupsucks
"And if we are all going to die after graduatation than doesn’t it matter what we do before?" #aneducation #comingofage #movie #quote #life #tearjerker #indie
" - advice for sad teenage girls that own too many flannels (via thelarrystylinson)
- Always take pictures of the sky when it’s pretty, it probably won’t ever look like that again.
- Wear that skirt you like, even if you’re mom says it’s too short.
- Take off the dark eyeliner and nail polish once in a while, you’ll feel lighter.
- Chop off your hair if you want, it will grow back eventually.
- Count the freckles on your arms and draw lines between them, your skin is like the night shy.
- Sleep under six blankets with the fan on high in the middle of the winter, the sound is soothing.
- Tell that boy to stop touching your thigh, even if it is flattering.
- Say thank you and flash a smile when you’re sister says that you’re outfit is ugly.
- Raise your hand when you know the answer, even if the class is all upperclassmen.
- Read that book again, you’ll notice something you didn’t the first time.
- Don’t drink too much caffeine, you’ll get the jitters and bomb your math test.
- Wear pencils behind your ears, it’s convenient.
- Try to talk to people, it won’t kill you.
- When a cute boy tries to cheat off your test, write the wrong answers and change them later.
- It’s ok to feel happy, don’t let other peoples sadness make you feel bad.
(via psychodelicflowerchild)+ 78814 ♡
45 Life Lessons, written by a 90 year old
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay…
(Source: reginabrett.com)+ 23089 ♡
How to finish that last minute assignment
I can not count the number of times this trick has saved my ass.
And people say Tumblr doesn’t teach you life skills…
this will come in handy one day
ATTENTION GRADUATING CLASS OF 2013: COLLEGE SURVIVAL 101
Reblogging for future reference..
(Source: gamerspirit, via fuckb0y)+ 545920 ♡
"I wish more people cared about the earth as much as they cared about who they believed created it." - Unknown (via uoa)
(Source: gypsy-senses, via weight13ss)+ 73530 ♡
"Stop romanticizing people who hurt you." - Six Word Story #48 (via lsd137)
(Source: absentions, via fuckb0y)+ 165254 ♡
Baby, learn to be soft
there will be moments when the world will try and change you
try and carve you into stone
when you’re at your first party
and the girls are drunk
do not leer, do not touch
lead them gently home
when they open their hungry mouths
hold them careful
do not shame them,
girls are not taught shame from their mothers but from men who want to fuck them and can’t remember their names after
say ‘sorry, another time’
say ‘let me call you a cab’
make sure they get through their front door make sure they do not hurt make sure their knees are not trembling
do not use your hands
baby learn to be honey and warmth " - Azra.T “The Things I Will Teach My Son” (via 5000letters)+ 580 ♡
hold women the same way I held you
like I was carrying 7 pounds of screaming gold in my shaking arms
say their names like prayer or a plea
but do not use words like ‘slut’ and ‘bitch’ and ‘whore’
do not raise your fists do not raise your voice
that you do not have to love them to respect them remember their right to ‘no’
remember your mother and how she loved you like this: quiet, gentle and full, like an ocean at midnight, remember to love the same
"I’m just dying to say, “Hey, do you ever feel like jumping off a bridge?” or “Do you feel an emptiness inside your chest at night that is going to swallow you?” But you can’t say that at a cocktail party." - Paul Gilmartin, The Mental Illness Happy Hour (via veryclassylady)
(Source: alibis-not-needed-anymore, via weight13ss)+ 37548 ♡
"I had no interests. I had no interests in anything. I had no idea how I was going to escape. At least the others had some taste for life. They seemed to understand something that I didn’t understand. Maybe I was lacking. It was possible. I often felt inferior. I just wanted to get away from them. But there was no place to go. Suicide? Jesus Christ, just more work. I felt like sleeping for five years but they wouldn’t let me." - Charles Bukowski, Ham on Rye (via intacta-virgine)
(Source: sad-plath, via avalanche-of-thoughts)+ 1295 ♡
That awkward moment when there’s a gay couple in the bible and nobody talks about it.
we were taught about how David and Jonathan were ~best bros~
when this was
not the case
I brought this up in my youth group one time. My pastor got mad and said they were best friends and i shouldn’t think unholy thoughts about them.
ITS BACK YES
Actually, there were gay lovers in the bible. In my point of view anyways. Daniel and Ashpenaz, the Centurion and his beloved servant, and Naomi and Ruth are just a few.
(Source: empressfab, via spiritualseeker)+ 188732 ♡